Monday, July 14, 2008

Miro - The Free & Open Source Media Player!

home-logo-revised.pngIt had been quite a while since I last wrote an article here after my terrible accident. :D Anyway, as I was recuperating from my motorcycle crash, I was able to spend more time watching videos using my PC and this prompted me to check out several different video files from different sources. Some video files that I happen to encounter are not playable to the built-in video players that I have on my computer. That prompted me to check out for some available free-ware and open source video player and this is the time that I found Miro.
Miro is a one of a kind video solution for one who would like to play varied types of video files whether from the internet or videos that were created from elsewhere. I have tested playing various files with Miro and all videos played well. Not only that, the resolution of the videos that I played with Miro were all enhanced thus giving the viewer a much better resolutions for viewing pleasures. Miro is an open media source that enables one to download video files or any kind of file thru bit torrent easily. You could use it to download and play these files all in a single application. Miro has also thousands of channels that you could choose from to be able to watch internet TV. These channels made me relaxed, entertained and amused on my way to full recovery. Moreover, Miro provides more free HD High Definition video contents than any video player that you could find out there. Most of us also would like to view and save you tube videos on our computers. With Miro, we could easily do that and it automatically detects all videos contained in our computers. One could also save in its library favorite videos for easy access and viewing.

Most important of all is that Miro is free and Open Source. Miro and its team of developers are only asking for its satisfied users to get involve with them in four different ways;

1. Translate the Miro Software and Website

2. Join Team Miro: Open Video Love

3. Become A Miro Member

4. Help on Testing and Development

Link: www.getmiro.com

As for me, I would check out how I could best help Miro on their quest to provide Open Media to the World. This is one application that I could highly recommend to anyone whether you are using any type of Operating Systems. Miro is free and open source because OPEN MEDIA MATTERS. I really wish that they would always be here to stay.


468x60d

No comments: